For those of you who know me you know my love for a hound dog. For those of you who are just getting to know me...I love a hound dog. I really had no intention of trying to convince Jim that we needed another dog at this point in our lives, but once I saw the sad face on the website of A New Beginning Pet Care & Rescue Inc. (http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/FL163.html) it was all over. Her name was Spirit and the fact that she was put out on the streets and is heartworm positive melted my heart. I was at odds with myself because my heart said bring her home, but my mind was saying, "Are you freakin' crazy?" Finally, Jim and I decided that we would foster Spirit to find out if she will be a nice fit with our family. This was my hearts way of convincing my mind that there isn't any commitment.
So, here we are one full day later and we've already decided to change her name. I'm sure some of you remember the baby naming process that Jim and I recently went through and Jim's affection towards the name Finnbar. I figured if I let him call the dog Finnbar that would save me from ever having to worry about a child being called by that name.
Finn will go for heartworm treatment in a couple of weeks. We hope she will make a full recovery and live a long happy life with us. So wish us luck!
Finn it is!
1 comment:
Awe! Finn is so sweet- good luck with the fostering! :)
Post a Comment